Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day Activity

Finding the Leprechaun Gold

When I picked my kiddos up from school I told them that while I was getting ready upstairs I thought I heard some Leprechauns moving around down stairs. They were so excited to get home and see what the Leprechauns had left. When we got home the first thing they saw was the green ribbon trail that led to the Leprechaun gold. We followed the ribbon to the hidden gold in the mouth of the dragon. The gold was yellow M&Ms that I bought at Wal-Mart (you can buy single color packages).





Following the trail.
Bag of Chocolate GOLD!

Other St. Patty's Activities:
When I was teaching I used to have a small set of plastic gardening tools (doll house size) During this time of year we grew small plants in the classroom. I would put the gardening tools in the plants so that when my kindergartners came in in the morning they thought that the Leprechauns had been in the classroom I would also put little footprints up to a bottle of apple juice that I had colored with food coloring so it looked like we had Leprechaun juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment